The “Turret Candleholder” plays with contrasts: between the masculine character of the raw, cast brass and the form’s feminine curves, and between the hard, cold brass and the warm, textured marble. The hard and cold materials also provide contrast to the soft and warm nature of the flickering candlelight. The “Turret Candleholder” combines two functions, that of a candle holder as well as an organizer.
– Hand carved by local artisans, no computer generated technologies are involved in production
– Marble is acquired from construction sites’ surplus that was intended to be discarded
– Food safe; made of natural marble with no additives
– Every piece is unique, due to the handmade qualities and the differing marble grain per piece
– Best to wipe clean with a damp cloth, and keep washing with detergents to a minimum as this reduces the sheen
– Avoid submerging or the use of abrasive sponges and cleaners.
– Avoid direct contact with acids as that will etch the marble and cause it to dull upon contact