LJÓSAGRÁTT means fair grey in faroese. This piece is handwoven in a 3ply faroese yarn. and hangs from two pieces of pinewood roundsticks.
The piece is a part of the series “5”. The series explores the materiality of the faroese wool, and pays homage to the five un-dyed colours that the wool comes in naturally:
1. White: HVÍTT
2. Fair grey: LJÓSAGRÁTT
3. Dark grey: MYRKAGRÁTT
4. Fair brown: LJÓSAMORREYTT
5. Dark brown: MYRKAMORREYTT
In this way each of the five pieces represent each their respective colour, as well as they are woven in each their own thickness of yarns, that result in different textures and appearance.
“5” has been exhibited in:
– Co_temporary, Copenhagen, Denmark. Part of the NOVI – VIXX Adorno Exhibition, curated by Pil Bredahl
– Town Hall of Fuglafjørður, The Faroe Islands.
– Summarlist ´19, Klaksvík in the Faroe Islands.